Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sock Yarn!!

I was tired of eating lunch by myself (Paul's out of town again this week), so yesterday I decided to do some sock yarn shopping.

First on the list was to find me some scarlet and gray yarn to make the Buckeye socks I plan for my Stepdad's birthday this year. First I'll have to work up the pattern for them, so I better get busy.



Unfortunately for my bank account (snicker), the scarlet and grey sock yarn was parked right next to the Bearfoot and Jitterbug. I snapped up a couple skeins for myself ... just couldn't resist.



Let's get a bit of a closer look at those fabulous colors.

I can't wait to knit this up. I love the other pair of socks I made for myself with Bearfoot, and these colors are yummy.



I've never knit with Jitterbug, but it feels great and I can't wait to get it on the needles. That is if I ever free up a pair of dpns! I love the teals and purples in this skein.



Since I try really hard not to just horde yarn for myself, I had to get something for Paul. He normally likes his socks a bit more subtle than this, but he'll have to deal with it :o)



I thought I was all done and happily carried my goodies in the house after work. But, there on the kitchen table was a box from The Loopy Ewe. I placed my first order with them over the weekend and really wasn't expecting it to come in so soon. Yay!! I love when orders ship fast. They had sock blockers that I wanted for Paul's socks, so along with those, I ordered a skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn for me, and one of those cute little sock blocker keychains.




A closer look at those beautiful blues and greens. I'll definitely be doing a lot more ordering from them. I love their inventory.




Oh yeah, I did do some knitting last night too. Finished off that first sock for Paul. Here it is modeling on his very own sock blocker. Notice how the toe isn't all floopy, and the leg doesn't hide the whole blocker like happens when I try to model his socks on my blocker?



I also did some work on the Crosshatch Lace socks. Finished up the leg last night, and started on the heel flap today at lunch.

No comments: