Friday, July 6, 2007

I love vacations

I sure can crank me out some knittin' during a vacation! Makes me long for the days when I stayed at home. Of course, then I wouldn't have the $$ to spend on all the wonderful yarn I so love to play with. Kind of a nasty catch 22 isn't it?

I did finish up the seaming and neck edging on Intoxicating yesterday. I immediately put it on and made Paul take a picture. A ghastly picture at that. I'm posting it, but plan to get a better one once the sweater is blocked.



Finishing the sweater wasn't quite enough FO love for me, what with all the projects I have on the needles right now. What to do in a situation like that? Cast on a couple of quick knit washcloths, that's what!



I'm just about 1/3 through clue 2 on Mystery Stole 3. I love the beadwork in this pattern. Wish they showed up better in the photos, but what can you do? Maybe next one I'll do outside and the sunlight will glint off the little buggers.



Not quite enough done on Scheherazade for it to play nice for a photo, but you get the gist below. This one I'll be working on when I'm out of clues for the above one. I can't believe I have 2 lace projects of this magnitude on the needles at one time. I must be going completely crazy.



So, when you've finished a couple of projects and have a gazillion more looking up at you longingly from the knitting basket begging for some attention, what do you do? If you're an obsessive compulsive knitter, as I am, you buy more yarn and cast on yet another project. Wouldn't want any of the already in progress items starting to feel like they might be a favorite would you? That could cause a riot of unknown proportions and we wouldn't want that now would we? Below you see the very beginnings of a project I've been drooling over in one of the multitude of crafty catalogs I receive. I had no idea that KM was carrying the kits until this morning, when I went to KnitWits. My plan was to buy just a bit of yarn. Just enough to ease the craving so I don't go hog wild next payday (you know what I'm talking about, don't try to deny it). There I was at the checkout with my 2 magazines, 4 balls of yarn, and some stitch markers. I was being good and was so proud of myself. Then I turned around and my jaw dropped. There, right behind me, were a bunch of Strickwear kits. I couldn't resist. I had to have one of these having laid eyes on them in person. The yarn is so soft and yummy, and the colors are truly amazing. This sweater might take me some time to finish. There on the needles, that stuff that looks like a gigantic purple curly fry. That constitutes an hour's worth of work. 242 stitches on size 2 needles my friends. What is it with me and the tiny gauges lately?



Even though I was dying to continue working on the Merging Colors kit, at least long enough to get to the first color change, I was good and did some work on the Bonsai Tunic. 3 more repeats til the waist ribbing (the countdown has begun). Maybe if I finish this before my vacation ends, I won't feel so guilty about starting so many new projects lately.



Who the heck am I kidding? I don't feel guilty and you all know it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes... I seem to remember you saying to me... 'I'm being so good about not buying very much yarn today'. I didn't know you bought the merging colors kit. That's great! We're a weak group of knitters ... aren't we?
Beth