Tuesday, July 17, 2007

And the list gets a bit shorter

....or it would if I'd quit casting on new projects! LOL

I finished up clue 3 for the Mystery Stole. This Friday's clue is rumored to be bigger than the others since one won't be sent next week due to the release of the new Harry Potter book. Not sure if I'll split it up to last the 2 weeks or knit a lot more on it this weekend just so I can see what happens with it. Knowing me, I won't be able to ration it out and will have it done early next week. I'm really liking what it is looking like and believe I'll use it quite a bit in the fall.



I took my cue from Sock Princess and went ahead and used the pepper buttons on the Rock & Weave socks. Sewed them on tonight and officially finished my 12th pair of socks for the 52 Pair Plunge. I'm still behind several pair (which would explain why I've cast on so many in the past couple of days), but hope to be caught up by the end of August. It would probably help if I quit casting on monstrous mutant manfeet socks for Paul and lace concoctions for myself, but what fun would that be?



A closeup of the buttons. Too bad I couldn't find some facing the other direction to appease my sense of symetry (which can sometimes border on being anal).



Also tonight in knitting news, I finished the back of Tailored Scallops. The yarn is starting to grow on me. I've cast on for one of the fronts, but a few rows of garter stitch edging isn't good photo material. Later this week maybe.



P.S. This photo was taken especially for you Mitten Maven. Wouldn't want you to start getting "Leaf" withdrawals!

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

Ohh, I'm behind on the Plunge as well...11 pairs done, but 3 on the needles that I'm ignoring as I'm completely bored with them. Such startitis.

What yarn did you use on the Rock and Weave socks? It looks like Claudia Handpainted in Red Wagon...