Thursday, August 16, 2007

Socks, socks, and more socks

It's been another one of those weeks at work so I've been a bit lax in my blogging. There has been knitting going on however.

The second Crosshatch Lace sock is progressing well. This photo was taken 2 nights ago, and the sock is at the heel turn right now. I think I'll be able to finish this weekend.



I purchased Cat Bordhi's new book "New Pathways For Sock Knitters" last weekend. Very cool stuff in there! Finished my first pair of "practice" socks last night. Gotta love how quick baby socks knit up! I see a few more pair in my future to help me catch up to where I need to be in the 52 Pair Plunge. By my count I am lagging behind by 6 pair.



Tonight I finished up the third of the four dishcloths I set a goal for in August. The fourth is being worked up in a smooth cotton/linen blend yarn so is destined to become another facecloth to add to my bathroom.



I've also cast on my second pair of "practice" socks using a different technique from New Pathways. This is such an interesting technique for sock construction. Can't wait to see how it works up in this little pair!



Earlier this week, Aunt Gerry asked where I had gotten my Sea Silk yarn. I purchased that little bit of lovliness from The Loopy Ewe. Now I need to find just the right pattern for it.

No comments: