Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pleased as Punch

Don't you just love it when something you thought was going to take a long time to knit just seems to fly off the needles? That's how I feel about the monstrous mutant gift mansocks tonight.

Last night I took this photo when I was done knitting for the night. I'm quite pleased with the way the pattern is knitting up. It looked fine in chart form, but you know how that can be sometimes.



Tonight I've made quite a bit more progress and have finished with all the wording. The rest of the sock will be repeats of the stripe patterns, with a solid red heel and toe. I thought I would be laboring over these right up until the day they needed to be given to the recipient, but at the rate they are knitting up, I will be done next week, with tons of time to spare. Good thing too, since I will probably need that extra time for the other gift that needs to be completed. Photos of that project maybe this weekend.



And, since I'm sure I will be asked .......

Mitten Maven, I think I can alter this to fit a woman's foot if you're willing to knit with fingering weight on size 0's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm gullible and I'll knit on 0's. Anything for a Buckeye pattern!
Thank you.
cm