Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a few days late, but better late than never I say. I was a horrible blogger during 2010, but I'm hoping that 2011 proves to be a better year for that.

I had a goal last year to start a pair of socks each month and have them all finished by year's end. Alas, I didn't meet that goal, but I did come pretty close. I finished 9 pair of socks completely, have just the toe decreases left on 1 sock of another pair to finish, am at the heel turn on a pair I am knitting toe up 2 at once on circs, and just barely started the last pair (which are monstrous mutant man socks that I shouldn't have left as my December start socks).

Out with the old, in with the new .... new goal that is. Each month of 2011 I want to finish at least one project. 6 of these must be WIPs on the needles as of 12/31/10 (23 of them OTN), and 6 of these can be newly started projects in 2011. A couple of rules I am imposing on myself. I am allowing myself to start 5 projects in January - 3 gifts, a crochet along project, and something for myself. Until I finish one of the prior to 2011 projects, I cannot start anything else new. I cannot complete projects "early". In other words, if I finish 2 projects in January, one of them does not count for February.

Ok, on to photos!

I'm off to a good start with my goal. I started a hat in November as a knitalong with a friend. I finished it in December, but didn't like it in the yarn I bought. Frogged it and made this one instead. The pom poms dangling from the chain stich cords were made for the first hat and since you can't very well frog a pom pom, and I thought they were cute as can be, I added them to this hat. Love it!! First FO for 2011! 22 projects left OTN.





Another project started in December and finished in January is a pair of mittens for myself. These were made from a pattern in the Vogue Mittens and Gloves book. The pair on the cover actually. Fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. I love them, but wish I had chosen a bulkier yarn to knit them in. 21 projects left OTN.





One of the gifts I allowed myself to cast on in January was this adorable hat for a coworker's son. I told her that I am his adoptive gramma and am allowed to knit him all kinds of cute things and can spoil him rotten. Can't wait til she sends me a photo of him in it! Still 21 projects left OTN.







I pulled out the leaf lace tee again and have been spending a bit of time on it each night. Doesn't seem like much progress is being made, but if I continue, this might be my finished project for February. The photos don't do the green justice. It is a bright apple green and contrasts nicely with the magenta. Still 21 projects OTN.



Another gift I allowed myself to start in January is a pair of gloves for Paul. He finally wore a hole in the pair I made him a couple years ago and it's too cold not to have some gloves. These are knitting up pretty quickly and I hope to have them done in a week or so. 22 projects OTN.



No photos yet of the 3rd project I've started because there isn't much to show yet. I cast on a pair of socks for myself (yeah, I know I have 3 pair still OTN from 2010, but I couldn't resist) from the book The Enchanted Sole. 23 projects OTN.

The last 2 projects I will start in January are the 2011 Block a Month Afghan Crochet Along, and a sweater for Paul. Hopefully I am able to finish a couple more almost finished projects before starting those so I don't get up to 25 projects OTN.

I am bound and determined not to have as many projects OTN at the end of 2011 as I did starting 2011 .... and yes, I do realize I say that every flipping year!

No comments: