Thursday, January 20, 2011

Busy Week

It has been a super busy week! Working late, starting back to the gym, snowstorms .... all things that are getting in the way of my knitting/crocheting. I wonder if I can get coordinated enough to knit while running on the treadmill ... hmmmmmm.

Even with all this stuff going on, I did manage to get a few more squares done for last year's afghan. Twelve more to go. Changed my mind on adding a 4th color to the mix, and decided to use the dark brown to add a 2 round border on each block, then add several rounds to border the entire afghan once the blocks are sewn together.









Met Amanda last night for some craft time and worked up a few strips for a Chain Reaction afghan block. Still have 7 more strips to make then a border to add to get this one finished up. I'm hoping to have all 15 of the already published blocks complete before the next issue of Interweave Crochet hits the stands.



This weekend I'll be getting back to knitting and setting the crochet aside for a bit. I really want to get Paul's gloves and sweater finished so he can use them before it gets warm this year.

Amanda has me really itching to start yet another project. Another afghan to be exact. I spied the Babette Blanket in an old issue of Interweave Crochet and showed it to her last night. Hopefully I can have enough discipline not to order the yarn and start that until I get some of these other projects completed. Making good progress of several of them, but don't have any more finished yet.

No comments: