Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Diamond 3

Last night, just before going to get my hair all hacked off (I shouldn't say hacked, sounds like I don't like my stylist's choice doesn't it?), I cast on and knit the 3rd of the 18 diamonds for the AbFab Throw. This diamond completes the foundation row, and from here on out the cast on stitches are picked up from the edges of 2 other diamonds so there's no sewing pieces together once finished.

Tonight I did the first 1/2 diamond on the outside edge of row 2. Photo of that probably tomorrow.



I've been picking at the Flickering Flames skirt again too. I'm not sure why, but I lost interest in knitting this project. I haven't lost interest in having the completed skirt, just in knitting it. I've made myself complete at least 2 rounds each night, and as long as I stick to that, I should have this finished before my vacation ends. I'm seriously considering taking this as my only available project to knit on during the drive to and from Atlanta. That should get it pretty well finished by next Tuesday when we return.



Paul's socks should have been done long ago, but we know what happens when I start playing a computer game. I guess knitting isn't the only thing I can be obsessive compulsive about. I'm just about to start the last brown stripe, then the toe is all that's left. If I don't manage to get it done tonight, it will be first on the knitting agenda for tomorrow night.

No comments: