Friday, March 23, 2007

Whole Lotta Knittin Goin On

I tried ..... really I did. But, there's just no getting away from the .... ahem .... adult look of these socks when they aren't on your feet. I finished with the first sock with the exception of weaving in the ends, and should finish the second tonight or early tomorrow. They fit like a dream, and I love the cables on the leg. I'll be sure to get a good closeup of them when they are both done ...... on my feet lol.



The second Sanquhar glove is coming along nicely now too. I plan to spend quite a bit of time with it this weekend and hope to have it completed by Monday evening. I guess casting on Paul's next project was just the ticket I needed to motivate me to finish these.



The Mermaid jacket hasn't suffered for all the other projects on my needles either. This photo is a bit dark so it's hard to tell, but I am past the center back and coming perilously close to the second armhole decreases. I don't hold any illusions that she will be finished in March, but the body of the jacket should be. Hopefully I don't lose interest while knitting the sleeves. I've been swatching stash yarn for the Pullover Flair sweater from IK Spring 06 as my next sweater for the Sweater A Month Knitalong, and hope it knits quickly enough to have it done in April.





I did do a few more rounds on Paul's Retro Rib socks. I couldn't help myself. The yarn is just so yummy all I want to do is pet it. I'm really liking the way the colors are pooling in a spiral fashion up the sock. I hope the second does this too.









I mentioned that I had bought some more of the Cider Moon Haiku to make frivolous socks for myself. Since I was so close to finishing the Inside Out socks, I decided to cast on last night and try out the pattern I had picked. This is the very beginning of the Hidden Passion socks from Favorite Socks. Can't quite see yet, but there will be x's and o's in illusion knitting on the top of the foot, and again on the leg of these. Their construction is different from any other sock I have knit before so this will be a fun project.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Delana,
I found you through the Sweater a Month KAL, and I wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog.
The STR socks? Hilarious!
All your projects are so beautiful..and your speed is truly inspiring!
I can't wait to see what you will do next!
BTW I am so jealous of your Mermaid. *sigh* Maybe someday I will buy one....=)