Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Squee!!!

I have a lot to squee about today. Everyone "squee!" with me!

Squee!!!!

Look what I got in the mail. My SP pal, Knitting Ladybug (the one I was spoiling), sent me such a sweet and thoughtful gift. She knit me socks! Soft, beautiful, stripy, merino and bamboo socks! And, she sent me the Knit Kit. It has 7 different tools that knitter's need (and usually run off without when they need them most lol). This went straight into the bag that goes with me to my weekly group right after the photo was taken. The socks will be worn tomorrow! Thanks Debbie! I love them :o)



Also squee! worthy is the fact I finished 2 more of my BOS projects this weekend. The Moorish Stripe Socks are now tucked into a padded envelope and will be off in the post to their recipient tomorrow. I hope he likes them!



And, I also finished the Roped Shell. Wove in the last of the ends last night after my weekly crochet group meeting. I changed the pattern a bit to raise the neckline and add more fabric on the shoulder to hide bra straps. I am really happy with how this turned out. I made it using GGH 100% silk and it is so soft and luxurious. Can't wait to wear it!



Sackboy is almost done. Tomorrow night I will knit the head, then Thursday will start the seaming and finishing.



The handy dandy spreadsheet chose the Islander Pullover for me to work on next. This poor sweater was started a year ago for Paul, then after only 4 rows of the ribbing were completed it was shoved in the bottom of a knitting bag and has just now seen the light of day again. The sad thing is I don't think I bought enough yarn for this, so I will need to order more and do the knit 2 rows with each dye lot thing ..... ugggggg.

4 comments:

Susan said...

The roped shell is gorgeous!

Stefaneener said...

I dropped your (miserably wrapped; I am the universe's worst packer) package in the mail today. Your socks and sweater are lovely, as is everything!

Carol Ann said...

The socks were a big hit! They are gorgeous, so soft. Ron loves them!! Thank you, thank you!

2BSewing: said...

Your roped shell is beautiful! Another great color combo.