Sunday, October 5, 2008

A very busy month ahead

I did manage to meet the September goals I set for myself. October might just be a different story however. I think I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew (or knit/crochet as the case may be), but I'm going to see just how close I can get.

Yesterday, I presented my stepdad with his Lowry Pullover. I was so nervous that it wasn't going to be long enough, but it fits great! He's one of those northerners with the great internal heater, so I don't think he'll be wearing this a lot, but I hope he enjoys the times it's cold enough for him to need it.



I received my ornament from an angel in the Holiday Ornament Swap I signed up for. My original partner fell off the face of the earth and was never heard from after filling out her questionairre. Although she says it is not necessary, I plan to send my angel one of the Victorian Skates ornaments I've made.

Isn't this the cutest? I love it!!



Now to those October goals I set for myself.

First up is the Ravenna Satchel. I really want to have this done this month. I am done with all but the intarsia piece so hopefully I can felt next weekend. The intarsia is slow going though. Even using butterflies, my yarn keeps getting tangled. And this yarn likes to leave fluff on the other colors that it touches. Even with the extra time it is taking to complete this piece, I still think this goal is doable.



Then there's the Dragon Scale Gauntlets I cast on for the Dragon KAL/CAL group. I am using some Cascade Bollocine I had in my stash. I'd love to have these done in October, but am not going to sweat it if I don't.



The Nutkin socks have to be done in October. They are a gift and need to be done no later than 10/25. I really need to give these a bit more attention than I have this past week if I am going to meet this goal.



Another Dragon KAL/CAL project. Here be a dragon snout! Again, I'd love to have this done in October, but no biggy if it takes another week or so.



The Sweetie Pie Cami really needs to get finished. It crochets up too quickly to be languishing in my project bag the way it has been. I've taken some liberties with the pattern in hopes of making it more flattering for my body type (no boobs and that telltale 40ish tummy pudge).



I started another throw this month. This one should be done in October if I keep working on it at the rate I have been so far, but it really doesn't have a deadline so may wind up cast aside for other projects.



This particular project will not be complete until at least Spring. This is the very beginnings of a suit made from size 10 crochet thread. I will be taking my sweet time with this project.



Along with the projects listed above that I want to have complete in October, here are the others that I want out of the project bags:

Aran Tree Skirt
Rose Wrap Shell
Tommy Nobis Amigurumi
Pond Turtle

See what I mean about that biting off a bit too much?? Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

The sweater looks great on him!

Melanie said...

You are a woman after my own heart with all the projects and goals!
I love reading your blog, I always wonder what you are going to be up to next. =)