Monday, November 19, 2007

I've been a good girl

I finished 2 projects this week and actually managed to NOT cast on yet another one! Woohoo my WIP count is now down to 10.

First up on the FO list for this week are the Stansfield 27 socks for Paul. This pattern was really easy to memorize and knit up. I'm not really sure why it took me so dang long to finish these. Only 2 more pair of socks on the needles now.



Also finished this week is the blue version of the December Lights Tam. It's hard to believe this is the same pattern as the red one from last week isn't it? I haven't quite gotten the tam bug out of my system yet, so I'm sure there will be a couple more in other patterns on the needles in the near future.



I've also done some work on the Russian Coat this week. Pictured here is the beginning of the right side of the coat. I've started on the left side now and hope to have them connected by the time Paul and I get back from Atlanta this weekend. Along with this project, I think I'll take the Fyne vest and a pair of socks to work on during the ride.



Although not knitting related, I've renewed my fascination with sewing this week. I picked up a copy of Threads Magazine when I spied an article on copying the fit of favorite pants and that's all it took. Off I went to the store. Before I was done, I had purchased 6 patterns, a dress form, and fabric to sew 5 outfits. This weekend I finished a pair of navy blue pants with a side zipper, and started on an oriental style jacket of gold and teal metallic brocade. Next week Paul is going out of town again on business so I will have lots of time for knitting and sewing in the evenings. I'm sure you will all forgive non knitting related crafty photos on the blog won't you?

1 comment:

Susan said...

The blue version of your tam is PERFECT! Stunning work as usual.