Thursday, September 27, 2007

I love progress

I almost feel like this Mermaid jacket is knitting itself. It's amazing how fast the knitting of the body is going compared to the sleeves. I guess I'm just not a big fan of miles of solid color garter stitch! At the rate this is going, I might be done with the project in 2 weeks.



Managed to get a few more rounds done on Knitfitt's nonmitts last night too. Still won't photographs of the pattern side, but I got a pretty good shot of the ribbing tonight. Instead of using my normal background (aka the comforter), I grabbed some white paper hoping to capture the true blue of the yarn.

I love the result. And isn't that flair that the picot hem is giving them nice? Now I really want to get some of my WIPs done so I can cast on a pair of these for myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the edge of the project. Will you teach us how to do it?
cm

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Love the color. Tried to cheat and look at it at my LYS but she was out of stock.