Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Woohoo!! The Mermaid is done .....

I haven't posted in quite some time, but there has been knitting progress nonetheless.

I finally finished the Mermaid jacket. I love it!! It fits really well, and the colors are great. Only one photo to show. The front shot didn't turn out very well at all. Must teach husband about how knits look so much better when the sun is shining on them instead of them being hidden in the shade. *sigh* Other photos will have to wait until he is home again .... yep once again he is travelling on business :o(


Pattern: Mermaid, Hanne Falkenberg
Yarn: Hanne Falkenberg 2 Ply Shetland Wool
Started: 2/15/2007
Finished: 5/5/2007

I also finally buckled down and finished up the last few repeats on the Chevron Stripes Hand Towel and finally got around to taking a photo to post. More linen has been purchased for towels for the half bath, and much cotton has been purchased for matching washcloths. I cast on for one of them this evening and am just about 1/3 through it. Progress photos tomorrow (if I remember to blog lol)


Pattern: Chevron Stripes Hand Towel, Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Eroflax Linen
Started: 3/12/2007
Finished: 5/4/2007

The other 2 Mermaid kits I ordered arrived, and I have cast on for one of them. I decided to start with the sleeves this time since that's where I kind of lost interest in the project on the last one. We'll see if this helps speed the knitting process up some.



I know the month is 1/3 gone now, but I'm going to post my goals anyway. For May I am hoping to accomplish:

2 bathroom washcloths
Jenn's leg cozies
Surplice Lace Top
Knee High to a Grasshopper socks
Tofutsies socks
2 pair baby socks

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats! You've made some great progress. Can't wait til you have photos of the front.

Susan